Peppercorns And Cumin Gravy (Milagu Jeera Kuzhambu)
A healthy kuzhambu that is very delicious and good for digestion. It is a tarditional kuzhambu made after festive season or when back to home after long travel. Gives heavenly taste when had mixing in Ã‚Â hot steaming rice with Paruppu Thogaiyal as side dish...._x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_
- Tamarind extract 3 cups from a lemon size tamarind
- Gingelly Oil Sesame oil 4 tb spoons
- Mustard seeds fenugreeks and cumin seeds for seasoning 1 tea spoon each
- For Gravy Paste:_x000D_ Coriander seeds 2 tea spoons_x000D_ Thur dal 3 tea spoons_x000D_ Raw rice 2 tea spoons_x000D_ Red chillies 4 or 5_x000D_ Pepper corns 3 tea spoons_x000D_ Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon_x000D_ Hing 1/2 tea spoon_x000D_ Fresh curry leaves handful_x000D_ Fry the above ingredients in 2 tea spoons of gingelly oil except curry leaves till the stuff becomes golden brown. Add the curry leaves and hing and stir for a minute. Grind them to paste with water and keep aside.
- Heat the wok with remaining oil. Add the seasoning items. After the fenugreek becomes brown add the turmeric powder and pour the tamarind juice into it._x000D_ Add required salt. Allow it to boil till the raw smell goes. Now add the paste to it . Add a gooseberry size jaggery into it._x000D_ Let it to boil till the gravy thickens._x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_
- This can be refrigerated and used for a week. If your using it for only two days you can add any vegetable like drumstick, shallots or garlic to the boiling tamarind water and rest the same procedure._x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_