Penne Pasta In Roasted Pumpkin And Red Bell Pepper Sauce
Pasta is one among the worldâ€™s renowned food. It is especially liked by the kids! When it is cooked using a vegetable sauce, why not everyone indulge it in a healthier way. This Penne pasta is cooked in roasted pumpkin and red bell pepper sauce to make it yummier and healthier.
- 2 cup uncooked penne pasta use whole wheat as a healthier option
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup thin yellow pumpkin slices
- 11/4 cup tightly packed Red bell pepper slices
- 15 big garlic cloves
- 20 black pepper corns
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 Â½ cups full fat milk
- 1 Â½ tsp to 2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 Â½ tsp to 2 tsp pasta seasoning
- Water as required
- Â¼ cup cream cheese or grated cheddar cheese â€“ optional
- Cook pasta with water and 1 tbsp olive oil according to the instructions given in the pasta packet.
- Strain the water and place the cooked pasta under running water for a minute to avoid further cooking.
- Turn on the stove in low flame and place a wide pan.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to heat mildly.
- Add pepper corns, garlic and roast it for a while.
- Add the pumpkin slices and roast for few minutes until they are half cooked.
- Add 1 cup of bell pepper slices and sautÃÂ© it for few seconds.
- Close the lid and let it cook in low flame for few more minutes until the pumpkin turns soft.
- Turn off the stove and allow this to cool completely.
- Blend the cooled mixture with 3 cups of milk.
- In a deep bottomed pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and sautÃÂ© ¼ cup of bell pepper slices for few seconds.
- Add the blended pumpkin milk mixture and raise the flame to medium.
- Add the remaining ½ cup milk and allow this mixture to thicken a little.
- Once the sauce has thickened, lower the flame and add the cooked pasta, salt, chilli flakes and pasta seasoning.
- Allow this mixture to come to a boil and turn off the stove.
- Add cream cheese or grated cheese and mix.
- Transfer to a bowl and season with some more chilli flakes and extra pasta seasoning. A delectable bowl of healthy pasta is ready to be served!
1. I did not use cream cheese or any other cheese, hence i used full fat milk. 2. Adjust spices according to your choice.