A Sweet traditional candy made during festivals..Can be made with other Ingredients like Dry Fruits, Puffed rice and Roasted gram too.
- Peanuts-Roasted and chopped- w/o skin-1 cup
- Sugar â€“ 1 cup each for both chikkis
- Mixed chopped dry fruits-Roasted and chopped w/o skin 1 cup
- Cardamom powder- 1 tsp
- Oil/Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Heat oil/Ghee in a Heavy bottomed pan. Add sugar and caramelize till golden brown Add cardamom powder Remove the pan from gas and add peanuts Mix fast.Grease a working station or a plate put this mixture and roll it fast in round shape.
- Mark diamond shapes on the chikki.let it cool.Can be eaten after 5 mins.
- Same procedure for dry fruits chikki
- Instead of peanuts we can add Dry fruits.
- Garnish with elaihi powder and few pieces of pistas.
No comments yet
Very Simple way of making the recipe. Thanks for the share Sangeeta and the Video is very well shot.