What about Pasta not as Meal but as Dessert?.. Here is my crunchy,juicy pasta jalebi
- Pasta : 1 cup
- Maida : 1 cup
- Dry yeast ; 1/2 tsp
- Sugar : 1/2 tsp
- Salt : a pinch
- Cardamom powder ; 1/4 tsp
- Oil : for frying
- For sugar syrup - sugar : 1 cup
- Water : 1 cup
- Saffron : 5 threads
- Boil pasta in enough water with little salt.Drain it and keep aside.
- Combine the Yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup of lukewarm water in a bowl , mix and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Take maida in a bowl ,add 1tsp sugar, a pinch salt, yeast mixture and some water and mix well to make a thick batter.
- Mix and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Soak saffron in little water for few minutes.
- For the sugar syrup ,combine 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, safforn water in a kadai and boil on low flame for 10 minutes or until the syrup is slightly thick and sticky and keep aside.
- Now add cardamom powder to the maida + yeast mixture and mix well.
- Heat oil in an another kadai,
- Dip the cooked pasta in maida batter and deep fry in oil till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Place the pasta jalebis in the sugar syrup , Soak for 2 minutes and transfer it to a serving plate.
- .Garnish with sliced almonds and pistachio and serve immediately..
No comments yet