Paneer Pineapple Gujiya
Festival of colours and Gujiya is here,I am glad to share â€œPaneer pineapple Continental Gujiyaâ€ so that whole family can enjoy together.I promise,it will be loved by both kids and adults. I replaced maida with wheat flour atta, filling is of paneer and pineapple(kids favourite) and baked it instead of frying. Taste bhi, health bhi and Pataka on Holi for sure.
- For Dough: Wheat flour atta: 1 Â½ cup
- Caster sugar - 2 tbsp
- Chilled butter - 1/2 cup
- Ice chilled water - 1cup
- For filling: Paneer - 200gms
- Tinned/sweetened pineapple - 2-3 slices chopped very small and finely
- Cardamom powder - Â¼ tbsp
- Pineapple essence - 3-4 drops.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour with sugar, incorporate butter using blender or with hands until crumbs are formed. Add water stir until incorporated.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Now take a separate bowl and mix planner, pineapple, pineapple essence and sugar.
- After half an hour take out dough and divide it into 10 equal portions and make ball.
- Roll the balls into circle of diameter 4-5 inches with the help of rolling pin.
- Now apply some water on the circumference, and fill the stuffing in centre.
- Join the edges such that it becomes semi- circle and seal the edges carefully and patiently.
- Now show your creativeness and make some beautiful design on the edges but be very careful seal should not open.
- I made my design by imprinting fork impression.
- Preheat oven on 180 degree. Bake them for 30 min. Keep checking , we need golden colour.
- Delicious Gujiyas are ready. Serve them with chilled Thandai,ice cream,Kheer or custard.
One can use maida instead of wheat flour and also can deep fry or air fry instead of baking.
No comments yet