Momos have come out from the houses of Tibet and northeast India and have become a popular street food across India. Sold as hot and steaming along with spicy red sauce, these are considered as healthy street food because they are steamed. With lot of variations in the filling from Chicken to mutton or veggies, Paneer momos are gaining lot of popularity recently. So here is the recipe for Paneer Momos.
- Momos Dough Preparation
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Salt 1 pinch
- Water as needed
- Momos filling -
- Grated Paneer Cottage Cheese1 cup
- Chopped onion - 1
- Chopped garlic 2 tsp
- Chopped capsicum 1/2 cup
- Black pepper crushed 1 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Oil 2 tsp
- Dough Preparation- take wheat flour, salt, and water as needed. Knead the dough as you do it for chappati. The dough should not be sticky. Keep it in covered for approximately 10 minutes so that it becomes soft for easy rolling.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Heat a frying pan add oil then garlic. Stir in a low flame for a minute. Add chopped onion, chopped capsicum. Fry until translucent. Add black pepper, gram masala and salt.
- Give a stir fry add grated paneer keep stirring and let it cool down.
- Roll the balls into small chapatti shape and fill the above filling into it. Fill about 1 tablespoon of filling.
- Apply water on the edge of the chapati with your finger and fold it. Pinch it to close the filling as shown in the picture
- Use the momos steamer or you can use the idli stand too to steam the momos. Let it steam for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy the hot momos with Red sauce.
About the Author: This Recipe has been shared by home chef Geeta Biswas who’s simple yet experienced home maker. She feels that just like kids grow up with their toys, in the same way, she has grown up with her recipes. Ingredients are her tools and she loves making innovative recipes which have built up her identity.
Homechef Geeta Biswas Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with
No comments yet