Palak Ka Raita / Spinach With Yogurt
Simple cool and healthy Spinach raita... a healthy accompaniment with your meals.
- Spinach / palak .... 1 big bunch about 3 cups finely chopped
- Green chillies .. 1-2 crushed or chopped very finely
- Yogurt ........... 5-6 cups
- Sugar .... 1/2 tsp optional
- Roasted and ground cumin seed powder ... 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds .. 1 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Oil ... 2 tbsps.
- Wash the spinach leaves and cut them very finely. In a pan heat one tbsp oil and saute the spinach for 2-3 minutes adding a little salt and crushed green chillies. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the yogurt adding a little salt, cumin powder and sugar (if you like it slightly sweeter taste)
- Mix the sauteed spinach. Add a little water if you want a thinner consistency.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the asafoetida and mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the tempering to the raita.
No comments yet
Simple healthy and delicious.