Freshness of the oranges in the beautiful little cupcakes.
- Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 th cup
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Eggs - 2
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Fresh Orange juice - 1/4 th cup
- Maida - 1.5 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Orange icing Butter - 1/2 cup
- Icing sugar - 2 cup
- Orange essence - few drops
- Zest of oranges - 1 tsp
- Cream - 2 tbsp
- Orange/green food color - few drops
- Sieve the maida, salt, baking powder, baking soda together and keep aside. Whisk the butter and add the sugar. Whisk till fluffy. Add the eggs one by one while whisking.
- Now add the orange zest , curd and whisk further. Now fold the maida mix and orange juice in 3 parts into the egg mix.
- Line the muffin tray with muffin liners and pour the batter into them.Bake these at 170 degree Celsius, in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Cool them.
- To make the icing whisk the butter to make it fluffy.Mix the icing sugar into the butter and whisk.
- Add the orange essence, cream and orange zest. Whisk till creamy. Add the food color and mix .Pour the icing into the piping bag and pipe the cupcakes.