Oats Semiya Kheer/Payasam
A healthy variant of the traditional South Indian â€˜Paal Payasamâ€™ made using oats and semiya/vermicelli. A great option for bhog or neivedhyam during poojas or festivals like Navrathri..
- Full Cream Milk- 2 ltrs
- Semiya- 1/4 cup roasted
- Oats-1/4 cup
- Sugar-1/2 cup or as per taste
- Cashew- 5 or 6 broken into pieces
- Raisins- 10-15
- Elaichi Powder- 1/4 tsp
- Ghee- 1 tbspn
- Roast semiya, oats, cashews, raisins in ghee separately.Keep them aside.
- In a heavy bottomed kadai or vessel, boil and condense milk to half the quantity.
- Add roasted semiya, oats and simmer for few mins for it to get cooked well.
- Add sugar and mix well. Keep scraping the sides of the vessel to mix the malai collected on the sides with the kheer. At this point, the kheer gets even more condensed.
- Add cashews, raisins, elaichi powder and mix well. Remove from flame and serve either hot or cold.