No Bake Mango Semolina Cake
No bake mango cake made using semolina (sooji), digestive biscuits, chocolate and nuts. This recipe is inspired by my no bake mango cheese cake. A unique and delicious cake to please your near and dear ones.
- 1 Mango large
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Semolina
- 10 Biscuits I used digestive biscuits
- 100 gm Butter divided
- ½ cup Milk
- 50 gm Chocolate
- 4 tbsp Nuts for garnish, I have used almond and Cashew nuts, you can use any nuts and dry fruits of your choice
- Take the biscuits and half of the butter in a blender and blend it finely.
- Take a spring form cake pan. Add the biscuit crumb to the pan and press it slightly and make a even base. Put the tin in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Peel the mango and chopped them. Add chopped mango and sugar and blend them into fine puree.
- In a non stick pan roast the semolina for about 5 minutes stirring continuously to prevent for burning.
- Add the mango puree, remaining butter and warm milk and cook for about 10-15 minutes or till the semolina becomes thick.
- Take out the base from the freezer and pour the cooked semolina over it and level it with the help of a spatula.
- Melt the chocolate and pour it over the cake, garnish with chopped nuts and raisins and freeze it for at least 30-40 mins or till the chocolate has set completely.
- Remove from freezer, gently unmould the cake pan, cut and serve.
Calories: 452 kcal | Carbohydrates: 52 g | Protein: 7 g | Fat: 25 g | Saturated Fat: 13 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 38 mg | Sodium: 177 mg | Potassium: 223 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 22 g | Vitamin A: 838 IU | Vitamin C: 13 mg | Calcium: 46 mg | Iron: 2 mg