Nellikai Arachu Kalakki / Nellikkai Thayir Pachadi / Gooseberry Curd Salad
- Fresh coconut gratings - 1 cup
- Green chillies - 5 nos
- nellika amla (preserved in brine in salt water) - 7 nos
- Salt - add less if you are using brined gooseberry or mango use less salt.
- Fresh beaten curds - Â½ cup
- Small onions - 2 nos optional
- FOR SEASONING
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - Â½ tsp
- Methi seeds - Â¼ tsp
- Red chillies - 2 nos
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- In a mixer jar add amla, coconut gratings, green chillies, small onions and two tablespoons of water and grind to a smooth paste.
- Mix well with the beaten curd.
- Season with mustard seeds, methi seeds, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Serve with white rice, rice noodles, idlis etc.
- Arachu kalakki or Thayir pachadi can be prepared using kanni manga (baby mango) instead of nellika (amla / Indian gooseberry)
Pudina Makhana ( Roasted Foxnuts With Mint And Pepper )
Fonuts or Makhana are loaded with nutrients ! Light and extremely nourishing, they are the…
Kaju katli or kaju barfi is a well known sweet in all over India, but…
Vegan Matcha Almond Protein Bites
Protein is an essential requirement for each one of us. Vegans do have their challenges…
Broccoli Cucumber Salad
This Cold salad perfect to beat the scorching heat of the summers. This salad is…
This coffee has so many names; Dalgona Coffee, frothy coffee, whipped Coffee, cloud Coffee, magic…
Apple Gingerbread Cake Recipe
Enjoy this yummy gingerbread cake with your evening tea or coffee
Banana Nutrition Facts, Banana Recipes, Banana Ripening And Much More…
Banana Nutrition Facts, Banana Recipes! A recent belief has cropped up among the “health-conscious” which says that bananas have too…
Discover the Unmatched Benefits of an Ice Maker for Your Home Bar
Convenience, Versatility, and Cost Savings: Unlocking the Benefits of an Ice Maker for Your Home Bar Having a home bar…
Black Rice – Is It Still Forbidden? Enjoy 9 Healthy And Easy Black Rice Recipes
Black Rice – A superfood which has been cultivated in few parts of India from a very long time became…
Healthy salt for cooking and eating
With so many salts like kosher salt, Himalayan pink salt, table salt, iodized salt, sea salt available in the market,…
Sugar Facts, Not So Sweet…
Sugar Facts! Sugar candies, Ice-creams, Lollipops, chocolates and what not. As a parent how many times have you struggled pulling…
A Guide to Starting a Successful Home Baking Business
Does everyone you know think that your cookies and cakes are the best? Perhaps many have told you that you…