Mutton (Bones) Rasam
Everyone knows that rasam is the one and only comfort food in any situation for everyone from kids till elders. Guess the rasam with non-veg, already I have shared Chicken Rasam recipe and now its Mutton (Bones) Rasam recipe. This can be served after having heavy non-veg meals or after Biryani along with steamed rice. Also this can be served along with toasted or plain bread in times of sick or for dinner. My son in a big fan of my Chicken Rasam and Mutton Rasam. Let us move on to the recipeâ€¦
- â€¢ Lamb / Goat with Bones â€“ 250 gm
- â€¢ Onions â€“ 3 nos medium sze
- â€¢ Tomato â€“ 2 Â½ nos
- â€¢ Black pepper â€“ Â½ tsp
- â€¢ Cumin seeds â€“ 2 tsp
- â€¢ Fenugreek/Methi/Vendayam â€“ Â½ tsp
- â€¢ Curry leaves â€“ a sprig
- â€¢ Coriander leaves â€“ 5 stalks
- â€¢ Red chilies â€“ 5 nos
- â€¢ Garlic cloves â€“ 6 nos
- â€¢ Ginger â€“ 1â€ inch stick
- â€¢ Turmeric powder â€“ Â½ tsp
- â€¢ Gingelly oil â€“ 1 Â½ tbsp.
- â€¢ Curry masala or Garam masala â€“ Â¼ tsp
- â€¢ Lemon Juice â€“ 3 tsp
- â€¢ Mustard seeds â€“ Â¼ tsp
- â€¢ Salt to taste
- Ã¢â¬Â¢ Peel and finely chop 1 onion and roughly chop the other 2 onions.
- Ã¢â¬Â¢ Finely chop 1 tomato and roughly chop the other 1 ½ tomatoes.
- Ã¢â¬Â¢ In a pressure cooker, heat a 2 tsp of oil, add in the roughly chopped onions, tomatoes and red chilies and cook until it turns golden brown.
- Ã¢â¬Â¢ Remove it to a plate and bring it to room temperature and then grind it to a fine paste.
- Ã¢â¬Â¢ In the same pressure cooker, pour in 3 tsp of oil, add in the mustard seeds, ¼ tsp of fenugreek, ¼ tsp of cumin seeds and curry leaves. Wait until they crackle.
- Ã¢â¬Â¢ Add in the finely chopped onions and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Ã¢â¬Â¢ Add in the finely chopped tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy.
- Ã¢â¬Â¢ Add in the mutton pieces followed by turmeric powder, crushed ginger and salt. Cook for few mins or until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the ground onion-tomato paste and cook for few mins or until the raw smell goes off.
- Ã¢â¬Â¢ Pour in 2 cups of water, cover with the lid and pressure-cook for 4 whistles.
- Ã¢â¬Â¢ Meanwhile crush the fenugreek and methi seeds coarsely using pestle and mortar, add in the garlic, coriander stalks and continue crushing them. Keep it aside.
- Ã¢â¬Â¢ Remove the lid when the pressure subsides, keep the rasam in medium flame, sprinkle black pepper powder, curry masala and the crushed ingredients.
- Give a stir, pour in the lemon juice, wait for few mins or until it starts bubbling. Switch off the flame once it starts bubbling
- Ã¢â¬Â¢ Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with steamed rice for lunch or with toasted or plain bread for dinner.
Do check out my Lamb/Goat recipes in this link: http://madraasi.com/main-course/non-vegetarian/lamb-mutton/