Murungai Keerai Vadai/Drumstick Leaves Vadai
Murungai Keerai Vadai is prepared using chana dal and drumstick leaves and mildly spiced with Green chillies, onion, garlic. This recipe is very good for pregnant woman. It is protein rich from the Chana dal and iron rich from the drumstick leaves, the essential and important intact for pregnant woman during pregnancy. A delicious and yummy snacks which is crisp from outside and soft inside.
- Chana Dal - 1 cup
- Murungai Keerai Drumstick leaves - 2 cups (leaves separated)
- Onion - 1 large thinly sliced or chopped
- Garlic - 4 cloves finely chopped
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped or as per your taste
- Cumin seeds - Â½ tsp this is optional
- Rice Flour - 1 tbsp
- Oil for Deep frying
- Wash and soak the channa dal for couple of hours, atleast 2 hours.
- Drain the water from the channa dal nicely. Add cumin seeds, channa dal and grind them into a coarse mixture.
- In a mixing bowl add the channa dal, drumstick leaves, onion, garlic, green chillies, salt, rice flour and mix well to incorporate them nicely.
- Take some portion of the mixture and flatten them. You can make your desired shape.
- Heat oil for deep frying. When the oil is hot reduce the heat and fry the vadai in medium heat till golden and crisp.
- Drain and serve with tea or with chutney as a snacks.