This is a recipe from the region called Murshidabad from West bengal. Chicken cooked in spices and onion paste.
- Chicken - 500 gm
- Onion chopped - 1
- Onion paste - 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Curd - 4 tbsp
- Kashmiri Red chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- fennel powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nut paste - 3 tbsp
- Bay leaf - 1
- cloves - 2
- Elaichi - 2
- Cinnamon - 1
- Kesar in milk - 1 tbsp
- Green chillies slit - 2
- Mustard oil
- 1. Marinate the chicken with onion paste , ginger garlic paste, curd and salt.
- 2. Heat mustard oil and ghee together in a kadhai.
- 3. Add bay leaf, elaichi, cloves and cinnamon, followed by onion.
- 4. Saute the onions till golden brown. Now add the marinated chicken and stir.
- 5. Cook till half done. Then add the powdered masalas.
- 6. Cook further till almost done and then add the cashew nut paste. Cook till done.
- 7. Add water for gravy, bring upto boil. Add kesar in mill and slit green chillies.Check for salt and serve.
No comments yet
Absolutely love Bangla cuisine…..Esp the mustard oil flavor…Will try this one with paneer or Soyabean substitution….Sreemoyee…Love all ur recipes very much.