Mooror Dal (Fish Head With Channa Dal)
Fish curry is known to all but fish is rare. In Bangladesh they have so many recipes with fish head (big sizes). Moori ghanto, mooror chachhari, mooror dal etc.... mooro/ moori means fish head. This is one of the same lost recipe.
- 2-3 fish head big sizes
- 250 gms Channa dal
- 1 cup onion paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 4 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp red chilli paste
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin paste
- 2 tsp coriander paste
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 2-3 whole red chilli
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2-4 cinnamon stick cloves, green and black cardamom
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp ghee
- Oil as required
- Boil Channa dal with 6-7 whistle and keep aside.
- Marinate fish head with salt and turmeric powder. Then fry with mustered oil. Keep aside.
- Take a deep frying pan heat add oil bay leaves, whole red chilli, whole cumin seeds, whole garam masala. Then in the same time add onion paste, ginger garlic paste, cumin paste, coriander paste, tomato paste and red chilli paste.
- Stir fry till brown then add boiled Channa dal. It will start boiling then add fried fish head. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add ghee, garam masala powder and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with steam rice. You will feel the juicy fish head.
It is very tasteful. If any person those who are non vegetarian will demand more.