Moong Sprout Masala
Moong Sprout Masala (fangaavela Vagharela mug in Gujarati language) is one of my favorite recipe which my mom made on the next day of Rathyatra. Though offence made this recipe at my home but the flavour and Devotion added specially on Rathyatra. My Mom makes a Gujarati Dal shaak masala every year,which is a core Ingredient of this recipe. So today I dedicate this recipe to my Mom. Happy Mother's day.
- Moong Sprout - 250 gms
- Ginger paste - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 teaspoon
- Gujarati Dal shaak masala - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt-1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Dry red chilli - 1
- Asafoetida - 1/8 teaspoon
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Lemon - 1/2
- Curry leaves - 4-5
- Heat a pan with oil. Add cumin seeds. When it crackle add red dry chili, curry leaves, asafoetida, ginger paste. SautÃ© for while.
- Add Moong Sprout in the pan
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder, Salt, and Gujarati Dal shaak masala.
- Stir well. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Now turn of gas. Squeeze the lemon over prepared Moong and mix well.
- Serve hot with Roti, or just only as it is.