Moong Dal Ka Karaiyal
Karayal is a pulse based recipe, which is made from urad dal or moong dal paste, dal pakodi cooked in dal gravy with spices. Karayal mostly famous in UP, Bihar and Northern India. I often cook vadi and moong dal ki mangodi at home. Whenever I prepare the dal to make vadi or mangodi, i often cook karayal for dinner or lunch. Karayal with rice tastes delicious speacily during late winters. It can also be consumed with chapati and lemon onion salad, which enhances its taste even more
- 2 cup Moong dal with chilka
- 1 pinch Asafetida
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp Onion paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Red chili powder +1 tsp
- 2 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 cup Tomato chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- Coriander leaves chopped, for garnishing
- Soak the dal for 6 hour at least. Wash the skin and blend in mixer grinder. Now whip the pulse well till the batter turns fluffy.
- Add 1 tsp salt to the dal mixture and 1 tsp red chili powder, keep 1 tbsp paste aside.
- Heat the oil in pan and make the small ball with this mixture. Now heat 1 tbsp oil in another pan and sauté the ginger, garlic paste, then roast the onion paste
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Stir 2 minute and add chopped tomato.
- Cook the masala until the oil separates, mix the remaining dal in 5 glass of water and add in masala, Stir constantly and cook.
- It will take approximately 15 minutes, now add the ball cook for 2 minute more and turn off the gas.
- Add garam masla garnish with coriander and serve hot with boiled rice and onion salad.
- Whip the pulse well to make the pakodi otherwise it will become hard.
Calories: 388 kcal | Carbohydrates: 67 g | Protein: 27 g | Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 0.1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3 g | Sodium: 633 mg | Potassium: 195 mg | Fiber: 12 g | Sugar: 3 g | Vitamin A: 807 IU | Vitamin C: 6 mg | Calcium: 64 mg | Iron: 5 mg
a perfect sweet for any indian festival
Bengali Gaja Recipe
Bengali gaja is one of the Mahaprasad at the temple of Jagannath Puri. Those who…
Honey Healthy Banana Bread With Flax meal
Healthy Banana Bread: A warm Banana Bread is what you need for breakfast, full of…
This coffee has so many names; Dalgona Coffee, frothy coffee, whipped Coffee, cloud Coffee, magic…
Chia Seed Chocolate Pudding
Chia Seeds Chocolate Pudding, the name its self sounds super decadent and rich, but this…
Beetroot Bliss Balls (Vegan And Paleo Recipe)
Bliss balls as the name suggests are blissful little packets loaded with energy that serve…
How Many Calories Does A Tablespoon Of Brown Sugar Have? [INFOGRAPHIC]
How Many Calories Does A Tablespoon Of Brown Sugar Have? Sugar, Sugar, Sugar – Don’t eat sweets, it has sugar…
7 Benefits of Black Chia Seeds – Flawless Skin and More…
Benefits of Black Chia Seeds ! Many people who have problematic skin look for products that can improve it. However,…
7 Dishes That’ll Turn Your Backyard BBQ Into A Gourmet Spread
Don’t believe anyone who tells you that a BBQ cannot be a gourmet affair. You don’t need perfect, white starch…
Best fruits and vegetables to eat during winters!
Every New Year brings lot of new things, promises, be it a trend, fashion, culture, lifestyle or food. Each one…
Food Photography Tips for Food Bloggers | Food Photography Hacks | Food Photography Secrets | Food Photography Basics
Food photography a very specific still photography genre that demands deeper understanding of the subjects like piping hot gravy, smoky…
How to Ask AI-Powered Writing Tools About Recipes
Artificial Intelligence has come so far that AI-powered tools are more than common these days. Just look at how popular…