Moong Dal Dhokla
Moong dal dhokla is made with fresh soaked and grinded yellow moong dal. Dhokla is gujrati delicacy. Moong dal dhokla is very healthy option for breakfast . Moon dal is very rich source of protein.
- 3/4 cup yellow moong dal
- 2 tbsp curd
- 2 tsp ginger green chilli paste
- Lemon juice 2 tsp
- 2 tsp besan / bengal gram flour
- Oil 2 tsp
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 small sachet eno salt
- Water as required
- Fir tempering - 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- Some curry leaves
- 2 Green chillies cut into halves
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Firat soak moong dal into enough water for about 4 hours . Then wash and drain the dal .
- Now take a grinder , add soaked moong dal and grind it well with using little water fir smooth paste .
- Take a big bowl add grinded dal , then add ginger green chilli paste, turmeric powder, curd , besan , salt as per taste and 2 tsp oil . Mix all ingredients well.
- Grease thali or pot . Add lemon juice to the dal mixture then add eno salt and mix gently until bubble form on batter . Immidiately pour this batter on greased thali or pot .
- Steam this batter in steamer for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- For tempering - take a pan add oil , when oil is getting hot . Add mustard seeds and sesame seeds to the oil . Then add curry leaves and green chillis . Pour this tempering on dhokla.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sause .
U can use split green gram too instead of yellow moong dal.