Mixed Veggies & Sprouts Wheat Upma
Easy and tasty one pot nutritious wheat rava upma is prepared using mixed veggies, corn kernels and sprouts. This can be served as breakfast or dinner along with any variety of chutney and sambhar.
- 1 Cup Wheat Rava Mota
- 1 1/2 Tsp Olive oil / Cooking oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- 2 Springs Curry leaves
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies sliced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger finely chopped
- 1 Cup Mixed Veggies Finely chopped ( Carrot, Beans, Capsicum and Peas )
- 1/2 Cup Mixture of mixed Sprouts and Corn kernels
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 1/4 cup Water
- Coriander leaves for Garnishing
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add mustard seeds. Once it starts spluttering, add jeera followed by ginger and green chillies.
- Add the chopped onion and saute for half a minute. Now add the sprouts along with mixed veggies and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and cook it for 5 minutes in a low flame. Add the measured water ( 2 1/4 cups ) and let it boil.
- Now add the wheat rava, mix well and pressure cook it for 3 whistles. Once the pressure gets released, open the cooker and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Squeeze lemon before serving ( Optional ). Serve hot with chutney and sambhar.