Minnie Mouse Rose Kaju Katli
- 1 cup Cashews Powdered
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1½ tsp Rose essence
- Few drops Pink coloring
- Baking white chocolate As needed
- 1 tbsp Milk
- ¼ cup Water
- Few Decorative silver edible balls
- Powder the cashews and measure to make it as 1 cup. Take a non-stick pan and add water. Once the water is boiling add sugar and cook until it forms a string consistency when it is touched between two fingers.
- Add the powdered cashews, rose essence and rose coloring and mix well until all the liquid is absorbed. Keep mixing until it forms like a dough consistency.
- Add milk and mix again. Adding milk in optional in regular kaju katli and we do it only if it becomes dry, however for this recipe it is a must to add as we are going to make them into shape.
- The shape of the Minnie mouse comes well only while the dish is hot, hence we need to start shaping when the heat is bearable for our hand. Greece your palms with ghee.
- Take 1tblsp of the rose kaju katli and shape them like a ball and press in between you palm to make it a flat and thick circle. This becomes the face for the mini mouse. You may wish to leave it like a round shape face or make it slightly oval bel
- Take ½ tblsp of the rose kaju katli and them like a ball and press in between you palm to make it a flat and thick circle. This becomes one ear of the mini mouse. Make the second ear also in the same way.
- For the ears make a small dent by pressing a finger in the middle. Measuring is important to get the right shape, hence do not ignore the measurements.
- Join the face and the ears. They will get stuck well easily as they are still hot / warm. Repeat it for the entire kaju katli mix.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. This would help the shape to be intact.
- After 30 minutes, take baking chocolate and melt it. Melt it using a ceramic chocolate melting hot pot with a candle below. Take a chop stick and dip the smaller side into melted chocolate.
- Start putting polka dots surrounding the ears and also in between the dent of the ear. Start putting the eyes and mouth with the melted chocolate using the chopsticks.
- Allow the chocolate decorations to be stay in the kaju katli for few minutes so that they would get stuck well with the dish.
No comments yet
What a lovely presentation and so well explained steps I wish I can eat it.