Methi Koki is a winter special dish as fenugreek is abundantly available. Koki is a type of Sindhi flatbread that is crispy and a community classic.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup washed and finely chopped methi leaves
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 large onion very finely chopped
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Water as needed
- 2 tbsp pure ghee to smear the kokis
- Take the flour in a big bowl. Add all the ingredients like the oil,methi leaves, onion, green coriander leaves, green chilli, salt , red chilli powder.
- Using as little water as possible, knead a tight dough. Cover and let it rest for about 30 minutes. Make a small ball and roll like chapati. These are made little thicker than the normal chapatis.
- Adjust size as per preference. Cook on a tawa/ iron girdle on low flame so that it cooks evenly. When cooked on both sides, smear ghee and serve hot.
- It is generally served with mildly spiced curd , shallow fried masala potatoes and papad.
The thicker the koki, the better it tastes.