Mango pachidi (spread) is an Indian cuisine, which has beautiful multi flavors like, spicy Tangy and sweet. It's just like a spread and dip, which can be used for any toppings and a best accompaniment for south Indian delicacy like sambhar, rasam and curd rice. Mango pachidi can be used according to individuals taste.
- Raw Mango 1
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Water 2 cups
- Jaggery syrup 3 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dhal 1/4 teaspoon
- Bengal gram 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida 3 pinch
- Curry leaves 1 sprig
- Cut mango into pieces. Boil water and add mango, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste. Let it cook for few minutes till mango is mushy.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Blend the mango mixture in a blender and pulse few seconds. Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds, urad dhal, bengal gram, asafoetida and curry leaves. Let it splutter.
- Add the blended mango mixture and saute for a minute. Add Jaggery syrup to it. Let it cook on a low flame till everything combines well.
- Mango pachidi is ready to serve.