Mango Maize Dhokla
Maize dhokla is made of maize flour perked up with curds and mango puree for tanginess and other masalas for spice.The highlight of the recipe is the mango puree to the batter, which gives mangoy taste to the dhoklas. Adding fruit salt to the batter before steaming ensures that the Dhokla is succulently soft, while the coconut gratings enhances the taste! Enjoy this delectable snack with a cup of hot chaai.
- Maize flour - Â½ cup
- Rava / semolina - Â¾ cuo
- Besan - 2 tbsps
- Raw mango puree - 1 cup
- Buttermilk - 1 cup + 1 cup to take mango puree
- Ginger garlic green chilli paste - 1 tbsp
- Eno fruit salt - 1 Â½ tsp
- INGREDIENTS FOR SEASONING
- Cooking oil - 2 tbsps
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Asafetida powder - Â¼ tsp
- FOR GARNISHING
- Freshly grated coconut - 2 tbsps
- Coriander leaves chopped - 2 tbsps
- Mango pieces - 5 or 6 pieces
- Grate raw mangoes and blend it with one cup of buttermilk and keep aside.
- Take a bowl add maize powder, ginger garlic green chilli paste, semolina, besan, salt, mango puree and remaining one cup of buttermilk and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Meantime grease a pan to steam the batter.
- If you feel the batter is thick after 30 minutes add some more buttermilk . should be in idli batter consistency.
- Add a ½ tsps of eno fruit salt with one table spoon of water and mix well it with the above batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and steam immediately for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mean time heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, asfoetida powder
- Allow it to cool and make square pieces and garnish it with seasonings, coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Mango maize dhokla is ready to serve
- Serve with coriander chutney or sweet chutney.
Seyal Ghosht a Sindhi style gravy. Wherein the word "Seyal" means cooking only with onions…
Whole Wheat Carrot Date Muffins
Carrot date muffins are one of the most amazing muffins I have made so far.…
Broccoli And Spinach Soup
It's super healthy soup which is a combination of broccoli and Spinach with ginger, coriander,…
Licious Malabar Fish Canapes
I recently signed up with Plattershare Associate Program (Belly Nirvana) which helps me associate and…
Figs & Walnuts Espresso Sandwich Cookies
Filled with coffee and chocolate ganache, these sandwich cookies are a decadent treat.
Keerai Masiyal | Spinach Gravy
Amarnath leaves & small yellow dhal cooked along with ground coconut & other spices gives…
Grilling Steak: 10 Awesome Secrets From Experts
Grilling can be overwhelming, especially if you don’t know your way around it. While recipes are essential, the secret to…
How To Write A Recipe – Do’s And Don’ts
How To Write A Recipe? Have you ever wondered why your food blog is not fetching you revenue from Google?…
5 Delicious Chai Drinks You Can Make to Welcome Fall
The leaves are changing colors, and the air is getting colder. Fall is in the air, so it’s time to…
7 Significant Health Benefits of the Ketogenic Diet
“Ketogenic diet” or “keto diet” is one of the diets backed by science, people are considering having to achieve and…
Give Out A Beautiful Smile: How To Prevent Coffee Stains On Teeth?
How To Prevent Coffee Stains On Teeth? Most people start their day with a cup of coffee. The warmth, aromatic…
16 Essential Kitchen Tools and Equipment Recommended By Professional Chefs
Kitchen Tools and Equipment: If you ever tried to purchase or upgrade your kitchenware, you must have realized that it…