Barley helps weight loss. It helps improve digestion, control blood sugar, helps lower high cholesterol, prevent heart disease. Provide antioxidants and has high in vitamin and mineral. Barley contain 20 grams of protein but only 2 gram of sugar. So definitely it loose weight. Barley is fiber rich grain that is grown in middle east. It falls under category of whole wheat, oat and whole grains when it comes to zero cholesterol. Here I have made the recipe barely cooked with milk and combination with mango. The combination of milk and mango is good for health. This recipe mild sweet no need to add sugar. Because mango itself sweet I added little fresh coconut itself sweet. Even then any body else like more can add sugar.
- 1 cup barely soaked
- 1/2 litre milk
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut paste
- 1/2 cup mango pureed
- 1/4 cup melon seeds
- 10- 12 pistachio
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
- Boil milk add soaked barely. Stir continuously otherwise it may stick to the bottom.
- When the barely become soft then add coconut paste, melon seeds, green cardamom powder and pistachio.
- Switch off the flame and pour mango puree.
- Garnish the plate with mango slices.
We can serve this recipe any time any age group.
No comments yet
Another amazing recipe, Geeta ma’am..