Mango And Kiwi Smoothie
A layered smoothie which is not only colourful but is healthy too, prepared with Kiwi fruit, Alphonso mango, honey and yes! baby spinach. You may substitute the Sugar-free and fat-free Vanilla Ice-cream with Fat-free yogurt.
- 2¾ cup Alphonso mango diced
- 2 scoops Vanilla Ice-cream large, sugar free and fat free
- 3½ tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Water + 1 tbsp
- ¼ tsp Lemon zest grated skin of lemon
- 6 Kiwi fruit ripe, peeled and cubed, medium sized
- ½ cup Baby spinach
- 1 cup Ice cubes
- 4 Kiwi Slices
- In a blender place mango, ½ cup vanilla ice-cream, 11/2 tbsp. tablespoons honey, 02 tablespoons water, and zest, process until smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Divide mango mixture into each of 04 serving glasses; place glasses in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the blender container.
- Place ½ cup vanilla ice-cream, 2 tablespoons honey, 01 tbsp. of water, kiwifruit, baby spinach, ice cubes in blender; process until smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Gently spoon this kiwi mixture onto mango mixture in reserved glasses, working carefully around inside of each glass to create a clean horizontal line.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes. For Garnishing: Garnish with kiwifruit slices, and stir to combine flavors, if desired. Serve chilled immediately.
- You may substitute vanilla ice-cream with Vanilla Yogurt- 01 cup, which is fat-free.
- Make sure the mango smoothie is properly set before you spoon the kiwi mixture over it.
- You may use canned cherries along with Kiwi slices for garnishing.
- Do not add too much of lemon zest as it will impart bitter flavor to the smoothie.
- You may increase the quantity of baby spinach, if you are a spinach lover.
Works as Speciality Chef with Percept Knorigin, Cinecurry, Chefsutra and as a Food Author with Pioneerchef, Theurbanspice, Pinksworth, Tanyamunshi, Mangobunch, Plattershare, Womenplanet.
Website: Chefreetuudaykugaji, Facebook: Food For Thought, Twitter: @chefreetuudayk, Instagram: @chefreetuudaykugaji
Calories: 325 kcal | Carbohydrates: 72 g | Protein: 5 g | Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 15 mg | Sodium: 46 mg | Potassium: 737 mg | Fiber: 9 g | Sugar: 58 g | Vitamin A: 1916 IU | Vitamin C: 213 mg | Calcium: 141 mg | Iron: 1 mg
Chef Reetu Uday Kugaji Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with