Malpua/ Malpura (Dessert) Recipe
Malpua is an authentic Indian Dessert which is usually made in Rajasthan. It is a very sweet to taste and is oily too, but sometimes we can break the monotony of healthy food. It is a pleasure to eat Malpua for people who have sweet tooth. It is usually served with Rabri or kheer.
- Refined flour Maida - 150 gms
- Sugar - 250 gms
- Semolina Suji - 50 gms
- Fennel seeds powder/ crushed - ½ tsp
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except fennel seeds with help of minimal water. The batter should be of flowing consistency, neither too thick nor too thin. Keep this material overnight or for 8 hours.
- Once batter is ready, add fennel seeds powder. Heat oil in a Kadai, add a ladder full of batter in hot oil at high flame.
- Then immediately lower down the flame and cook malpua at lower flame. With a help of spoon push the heater oil over the malpua so that centre gets puffed up. Cook till the edge gets brown. With help of spatula, take these malpua on a tissue paper.
- Serve hot or cold with Rabri/kheer as per taste.