SANDESH!! Everyone's favourite. Although, it's a Bengali dish but both people from Odisha and Bengal make it. This is a fusion of Bengal and Odia cuisine. In this dish, I have mixed Paneer, Khoya and milk powder to make the SANDESH (the Bengal way) and a delicious malai layer (the Odia touch) on top of it. Let me know how you guys like it!
- Paneer 1 cup greated
- Mawa 1 cup greated
- Milk powder 1/2 cup
- Ghee 1/2 tsp
- Green cardamom powder 1/4 tsp
- Pistachio for Garnish
- Malai or top of the milk or sar or cream 1/2 cup
- Maida / flour 1 tbs
- Heat a Kadai with ghee then add grated paneer, khoya and mix it thoroughly. Then add milk powder again mix it continuously. Cook it over low flame.
- It will take around five to seven minutes.
- Then in a bowl pour the malai, add Maida, sugar powder 1tbs , pinch of cardamom powder. Mix it a little for 10 secs (We want a thick mix but if you mix it too much then watery consistency will be more.)
- Then pre heat oven at 180' Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- In a baking pan, line down a foil, then pour the paneer mixture and shake the pan gently. Then pour the malai mixture on top as a layer. Shake the pan gently so that the mixture spreads evenly. Sprinkle pistachio slices on top of it.
- Put water in a baking tray. Then place the pan on the baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes. Then refrigerate it for 1 hour. Cut it into pieces of your choice.