Malabar Fish Cutlet Recipe ( Licious Marinades)
- Cumin Seeds
- Black Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Red Chilli Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Coriander Powder
- I had registered for the Belly Nirvana campaign and had received the marinated Malabar Fish Cutlet. The Marinade was a blend of onions, ginger, black pepper, chillies and curry leaves as per Licious. Added an extra tangy sauce and salad to go along
- For the Tangy sauce, Add Cumin seeds, Black pepper, Onion, Ginger and Garlic and saute well for few minutes or until the ingredients blend well.
- Add Tomatoes and mix the ingredients well. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes or till a paste begins to form.
- Keep the paste aside. Put Oil in a pan and add this paste in
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt as needed and mix well.
- Saute till the Oil comes out
- Gravy is now ready and garnish with coriander to complete it. Can be used as a side to the cutlets or the cutlets can be dipped in the gravy and had with rice or breads
- For the cutlets, the marination is already there and perfect seasoning as well. Just saute it in a pan with oil and keep turning it around till the fish is cooked all over. Deep frying is not advised as it might make the fish a little dry
- Serve the cutlets with gravy and a basic salad of carrot and cucumber