Magali / Mahali Kizhangu Pickle
Magali Kizhangu Pickle - Traditional regional recipe of tamilnadu
- Magali kizhangu : 1/2 kg
- Thick Curd : 1 lt
- Mango Ginger Maa inji : 150 gm
- Red Chillies : 10 nos
- lemon : 5 nos
- Green chillies : 5
- Mustard seeds : 50 gms
- Fenugreek seeds : 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder : 2 tbsps
- Salt : 1 1/2 tsps
- Wash & Soak the magali kizhangu for 2 hours.
- Chop the lemon and keep aside.
- Peel the skin and remove the middle root / fibre . Finely chop the root.
- Add the lemon pieces,salt,Chopped Mango ginger, green chillies to it and mix well. Let it soak for 2 days.
- After 2 days , Grind red chillies, mustard seeds,fenugreek seeds to a fine paste.
- Beat the curd well,add the paste and mix. Add the magali kizhangu mixture to the curd and mix everything well.
- Now the pickle is ready to serve. Store it in an air tight container.
No comments yet
Hello Srividhya, Recently I interviewed Chef Kunal and he talked about Mahali kizhangu pickle. Is this the same recipe. If yes please do let me know. I am bit confused because of the name Mahali and Magali?