Madras Mutton Curry
spicy mutton curry to pair it with hot steamed rice,aapam, string hoppers or any Indian flat breads.
- 1 kg Mutton
- 5 onion big , finely chopped
- 3 green chilly slited
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp Red chilly powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 12 tsp Turmeric powder
- 12 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- coriander leaves to garnish
- Clean the mutton pieces well in water. Add a tsp of ginger garlic paste and 14 tsp of turmeric powder, mix well. Pressure cook it for 3-4 whistle and keep ready. Don't drain the stock.
- Heat oil in thick bottom pan, add in whole spices first followed by chopped onions & green chilly. Sauté till it becomes translucent, add in a tsp of ginger garlic paste and sauté till raw smell vanishes.
- Then add all dry powders and mix well. Drop in chopped tomato and cook till it becomes juicy. Then add the cooked meat along with the stock. Check for salt and spices, add if needed.
- Cover and cook till everything blends well. Add little coriander leaves mix and switch off. Garnish with coriander again and serve with rice, roti, appam or idyiappam.
Calories: 665 kcal | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Protein: 52 g | Fat: 44 g | Saturated Fat: 19 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 194 mg | Sodium: 240 mg | Potassium: 289 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 6 g | Vitamin A: 14 IU | Vitamin C: 12 mg | Calcium: 33 mg | Iron: 1 mg