Latpate Baigan Aloo Eggplant
These latpate baigan aloo is spicy, tangy and little sweet in taste this means a perfect balance of taste to tingle your taste buds. Normally kids dont like to eat baigan aloo,but this latpate baigan alloo goes very well with hot crispy paranthas and your children are going to love it.
- Egglpant - 250 grams cut them into small pieces and keep them in water to prevent it from becoming black
- Potatoes - 2 to 3 medium sized cut in small cube sized
- Tomatoes -3 medium sized chopped
- Onions -2 medium sized roughly chopped
- Garlic cloves - 5 to6 finely chopped
- Ginger aound 1 inch finely chopped
- Red chili powder - 1 and half tsp
- Dry mango powder- 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Take a wok add 2 tbsp oil and let it heat up. Now add cumin seeds and let it crackle. Now add onions , ginger and garlic in it. Saute it for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now add turmeric ,salt , coriander powder, sugar and red chili powder in the masala and mix it.Add tomatoes and mix them.Stir and mash the tomatoes properly. Now when the masala starts leaving oil add potatoes in it and fry them for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then add eggplant and cover the wok with a lid till the potatoes turn soft. This will take around 10 to 15 minutes. Now add dry mango powder and again give a mix.
- Cook for more 5 to 7 minutes without lid. Your latpate baigan alloo os ready to enjoy.