Lapsi ( Daliya ) Upma
Lapsi/ Daliya Upma is one my most favourite snacks/get-breakfast-ready-in-a-jiffy recipe. It's healthy, quick to make and tastes just great.
- 1 cup Lapsi Thin Daliya
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon haldi
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Green coriander leaves to garnish
- 5-6 fresh curry leaves
- 1 small green chilli deseeded
- 1 tbsp crushed roasted peanuts optional
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Dry roast the lapsi just for a couple of minutes, In a pressure cooker take 1 teaspoon oil and heat on low flame. Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and let splutter. Add the onions and cook till translucent.
- Add the lapsi and the seasonings like salt, both the chillies, haldi. Add water and put on the cooker lid. Cook on low flame to just one whistle. Do not remove the pressure as it will still keep on cooking.
- Lastly garnish with the green coriander leaves and peanuts. Sprinkle the lemon juice and serve hot
Do adjust water as per the soft texture that you want. Can increase or decrease.