Lamb Tawa Tikka
Its been long that I have posted either on Plattershare or my blog because I am blessed with a baby boy & I was very busy in taking care of him. When I received a call from Kirti about this opportunity of using Licious product I became so happy as I was thinking of writing from past so many days but couldn't spare time for the same . However this opportunity became a reason for me to push myself & do what I love the most i.e cooking & sharing recipe. Thank you Plattershare for giving me this opportunity. The product which I have received is boneless lamb leg cubes .Lamb leg has good amount of unsaturated fats so it is good for health despite of being a red meat. It is also very high in protein, iron , several vitamins, zinc & these can be absorbed very easily by our body. Additionally it is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acid so can be used as a substitue for fish. So keeping in mind all these health benefits I have made Lamb Tawa Tikka with a fresh spring onions & yoghurt marinade . I love this recipe because it requires only few ingredients & a tawa so it can easily be cooked by busy moms , hubbys who cook occaisonally & bachelors too. Enjoy this recipe..
- Lamb leg cubes boneless : 250 gm
- Yoghurt : 3/4 th cup
- Ginger Garlic & chili paste : 1tsp
- Spring Onion Paste : 2-3 tbsp
- Lemon Juice : 1 tsp
- Roasted Gram Floor 1tbsp
- Oil to sprinkle on Tawa
- Roasted Seasme seeds for Garnish
- Fresh Mint Leaves for Garnish
- Before sharing the method let me confess this. I usually make lamb curry which needs no marination. This Lamb Tawa Tikka I have tried for the first time. So I have marinated few pieces kept them in refrigerator for 4hrs & cooked
- I have tried instant marination & cooking with other batch.To my surprise the second batch cooked faster & was more tender when cooked. So I googled & found out that lamb leg is already very tender & if kept marinated in frig it gets harder.
- So the tip is don't keep marinated lamb for longer & don't overcook it.
- How to do it:
- For Marination: Mix spring onion paste,yoghurt, gram flour, ginger garlic chili paste, salt & lemon juice.
- Now dip lamb cubes in it. Mix well so that all pieces could be nicely coated.
- Heat a tawa either non-stick or regular iron one.Sprinkle some oil.
- Put marinated pieces on it & cover with a bowl. Cook each side for 7-8 min on a low flame. Keep changing the sides in between.
- Serve with mint chutney & sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds & fresh mint leaves to add some crunch & freshness.
- Try instant marination for better taste. if you are planning to cook after 2-3 hrs of marination then increase your cooking time.
- Always cook on slow flame to retain flavor & prevent it from burning.
- Heat tawa properly to avoid sticking of food.
- Gram flour can be avoided . I have used it so that the marination sticks to the pieces.It also tastes good.
- I used mustard oil you can use olive oil or rice bran oil or any vegetable oil of your choice
- You can use same marinade as a chutney with tikka