Keerai Murukku / Palak Chakli
Chakli is one of the favorite tea time snack . Adding Palak purÃ©e gives it a lovely flavour and colour along with the nutrition.
- Spinach - 1 bunch
- Mint leaves - 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- Green chillies - 3 - 4
- Maida - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- Besan - 1/2 cup
- Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
- Oil or butter - 2 tbsps
- Baking powder - 1 pinch
- Oil - to fry
- Wash the greens, cut them and boil adding little salt, pinch of baking powder to retain the green colour. Blend the purÃ©e and let it cool.
- In a large platter take the three flours, sesame seeds, little salt and 2 tbsps oil. Mix them.
- Knead this adding the purÃ©e little by little.
- Make the dough and set it aside.
- Grease the chakli mould and put the dough into it.
- Make chaklis and keep them on on a greased surface.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry them on medium and low flame turning the sides until crisp.
- Remove them on an absorbent paper. Allow them to cool before putting them in an air tight container. Enjoy them with your tea