Kashmiri Shufta – Regional
Traditional Kashmiri dessert especially made during festivals and Marriages. It is a mixture of various dry fruits and spices, like (Black pepper powder, dry ginger powder, cinnamon powder and cardamom powder) coated with sugar syrup. Although Kashmiri Shufta looks very simple, it tastes awesome. Dry fruits are first soaked in water for some time and then mixed with ghee and fried, Coated with various spice powders and sugar. Here is the simple recipe to make Kashmiri Shufta.
- Almond / Badam â€“ 1/4 cup
- Cashew nut / Kaju â€“ 1/4 cup
- Raisins and Walnut / Akhrot â€“ 1/4 cup each
- Walnut / Akhrot â€“ 1/4 cup
- Dry dates / Khajur â€“ 8-10
- Dry coconut slices-8-10
- Indian cottage cheese / Paneer â€“ 1/4 cup Cut into small pieces
- Clarified butter / Ghee â€“ 1/4 cup
- Thick Sugar syrup made with Â½ cup of water and 1cup of sugar
- Black pepper powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Dry ginger powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Saffron â€“ a good pinch
- Dried rose petals â€“ 2 tbsp
- Soak almonds, cashew nuts, raisins, pistachios and walnuts in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Soak dry dates in another bowl and Cut the soaked dates into small pieces and remove the seeds.
- Heat ghee in a pan and Fry the coconut slices till browned and Remove in a plate.
- Fry paneer pieces in the same ghee till slightly browned.
- Drain the water from the dry fruits and add them in the pan fried coconut.
- Add sugar syrup , black pepper powder, cinnamon powder, dry ginger powder, cardamom powder, saffron and rose petals in the pan.
- Cook till sugar is boiled and dryfruits are soft [email protected] Shufta immediately.
If making it for later use, re heat before serving.
No comments yet
Very different recipe..Thnx for sharing , Suman