Kashmiri Dum Aloo
Kashmiri dum aloo is one of the most widely preferred north Indian curries. Potatoes or baby potatoes are deep fried and then cooked in delicious gravy of curd and lots of spices like kashmiri red chillies, fennel powder, cardamom powder, cumin-coriander powder, ginger, garlic etc.
- 10 medium size potatoes
- 1 &1/2 cups curd yogurt (not sour)
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon cashewnut powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 bayleaf
- A pinch of asaefotida
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 5 tbsp cooking oil + for deep fry
- 1 cup water
- Wash potatoes and cut potatoes halve. Do not peel potatoes. Heat oil in kadhai, deep fry potatoes till done. Transfer potatoes in plate.
- Mix ingredients in mixing bowl (curd, ginger garlic paste, cashewnut powder, kashmiri red chili powder, fennel powder, cumin powder, cardamom powder and coriander powder). Whisk to mix all ingredient flavor with each other.
- Leave 5 tablespoons oil in wok. Add asafetida and bayleaf, saute for 30 seconds on low flame.
- Add water, salt and turmeric powder, bring it to boil.
- Add prepared spiced curd in it and cook for min on high flame.
- Add fry potatoes and garam masala powder. Cook on medium flame till oil starts to come on the surface. Switch off the flame
- Transfer kashmiri dum aloo in serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve kashmiri dum aloo hot with rumali roti, chapati or rice.