Kashmiri Dum Aloo
Kashmiri dum aloo is a spicy, flavorsome and loved by all. It pairs well with roti , naan or even jeera rice. This is a no onion garlic recipe, where the spices are cooked in a yoghurt gravy.
- 250 gm Baby potatoes
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 3 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 5 green cardamom
- 6 red chili
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/4 cup curd
- 2 tsp oil + oil for frying
- Wash and boil the potatoes in pressure cooker for one whistle. Once the pressure releases, peel the skin and deep fry them in oil. Remove them on an absorbent paper, later, poke them with a fork.
- Soak the red chilly in hot water for half an hour. Make a paste of it.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin, fennel, cloves and cardamom for two to three minutes. Once it cools, make a powder.
- Whisk the curds, add the paste and ground powder to it.
- Heat oil in a pan, preferably use mustard oil. Add asafetida, turmeric powder, ginger powder and chilly powder. Put the curd mixture into it, mix well, add water and salt to it. Let cook for sometime.
- Put the fried potatoes, cover and let cook for 10-15 minutes.
- If you want more spicy, add some more chilly powder and increase the quantity of red chilly to 8.
- This is a no onion garlic recipe.
- Use mustard oil for preparing the dish, it gives a good taste.
Calories: 174 kcal | Carbohydrates: 22 g | Protein: 10 g | Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Sodium: 24 mg | Potassium: 550 mg | Fiber: 5 g | Sugar: 4 g | Vitamin A: 800 IU | Vitamin C: 110 mg | Calcium: 144 mg | Iron: 3 mg