Karivepaku Podi / Curry Leaf Powder
Curry leaves are packed with iron, calcium, fibre and are rich source of vitamins like â€˜Aâ€™ , â€˜Câ€™ , â€˜Eâ€™ . Fights diabetes and anaemia, lowers cholesterol, improves digestion, prevents greying of hair. Flax seeds are rich in â€˜omega â€“ 3 essential fatty acids â€œ, antioxidants .They reduce the risk of certain cancers like breast, lung, colon as well as cardiovascular diseases. This recipe can be served with hot steamed rice by adding sesame / groundnut oil into it.
- Curry leaves â€“ 3 cups
- Roasted flax seeds â€“ 2 tablespoon
- Bengal gram â€“ 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds â€“ 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds â€“ 1/4 teaspoon
- Green chilli/ red chilli â€“ 3
- Dry mango slices/ tamarind â€“ 2 teaspoon
- Oil â€“ 2 tablespoon
- Asafoetida / Garlic cloves â€“ 2 pinch / 2 cloves
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves fry it without changing its green colour
- Transfer the leaves into a dry mixie jar.
- Pour the remaining oil heat it, add mustard, cumin seeds, â€˜gramsâ€™, roasted flax, red chilli and Asafoetida/ garlic cloves.
- Transfer the above seasoned mix into a mixie jar and grind to get healthy, tasty â€˜curry leaf powderâ€™.
- Serve with rice by adding sesame / groundnut oil
Added Flax seed to make it more healthy.