Kambu / Pearl Millet / Bajra Laddu
- Kambu / Pearl Millet â€“ 2 cup
- Jaggery â€“ 1 Â½ cup
- Ginger powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder â€“ Â½ tsp
- Ghee/Clarified Butter â€“ 3 tbsp
- Cashew nuts â€“ 12 nos
- Salt â€“ a pinch
- Dry roast kambu/pearl millet in medium flame for about 5-10 mins or until the aroma comes out or until you get pooping sound of kambu/pearl. Transfer it to a plate and bring it to room temperature.
- Jaggery syrup: Crush the coconut jaggery/vellam and take it in a pan with water (to dissolve the jaggery), keep in medium flame, until it comes to syrup consistency. Filter it and keep it aside.
- Powder the roasted kambu in a mixier for about 5 -10 mins to fine powder, sieve the powder.
- Again powder the leftover once granules in the mixier for 5 mins and sieve it.
- Transfer the sieved flour to a wide mouth bowl.
- Heat ghee/clarified butter in a kadai, add in the cashew nuts, and roast until they turn golden brown.
- Add in the ginger powder, cardamom powder, a pinch of salt, ¼ cup of jaggery syrup, ghee along with few pieces of cashew nuts.
- Mix it well with a wooden spoon and make small balls by keeping a cashew nut on the top of the flour. Press the flour tightly with your hand, so that the balls would not break.
- Follow the same procedure for whole flour mixture and make laddus.
- Store in an air-tight will stay fresh for a week time.
Broccoli Cilantro And Saffron Soup
Skip your meals? No worries, You will love this scrumptious soup prepared with broccoli, Cilantro…
Spaghetti Alla Marinara Vegan
This Vegan Spahetti Marinara is everything you need to satisfy the cravings of a big…
Pin Wheel Sandwich With Spicy Mayo Dip
Say Bye Bye to boring Sandwiches and let me introduce this power-pack meal for your…
Vepampoo Podi | Neem Flowers Powder
Festivals are over and its time to get back to healthy eating. Try this Vepampoo…
Chilli Honey Bangalore Iyengar Style (Eggless) Cake
Honey chilli cake is Indian bakery style Eggless cake. I twisted honey cake with chili…
Basil, Rosemary And Mint Drink For Weight Loss
Basil, rosemary and mint drink for weight loss is a power packed potion with the…
8 Ways To Cut On Your Monthly Food Budget
Ways To Cut On Your Monthly Food Budget? We have a deeply entrenched notion that food is a basic need.…
7 Secret Cabbage Benefits for Health, Cabbage Vitamins & How To Grow Cabbage
Do you know Cabbage Benefits for Health, Cabbage Vitamins & How To Grow Cabbage? No? Then, just read on… Brassica…
Cooker Cake – Easy, Quick And Hassle-free Cake baking In Pressure Cooker
Cooker Cake or Cake baking In Pressure Cooker! We all have to agree that cakes have something really magical about…
How To Detox Your Body After A Night Of Partying
If you’re a party animal, a social butterfly or love social gatherings in general, you would completely understand how the…
Cooking Tips To Remain Healthy
Cooking tips to remain healthy If you are not following balanced eating habits and looking for ways to eat healthier,…
Wine Basics For Everyone
Wine Basics! If you plan to meet your boss on his 25th wedding anniversary or you want impress your girlfriend’s…