Kadhi Chawal is a North Indian dish. Kadhi is made up of Curd and if we are having butter milk then it can be included with curd. The batter is made up of besan and curd.
- 1 bowl besan
- 1 bowl Sour Curd
- 2 broken red chilli
- 1 tspn red chilli powder
- 1 tspn dhania powder
- 1 tspn hing
- 1/2 tspn fenu greek seeds
- Curry leaves
- 1 tspn jeera
- Lets make pakodas first. Take a bowl and put half of the besan in to it. Now add salt, half tspn red chilli powder and hing to it. Mix it by adding water. See the consistency, it should not be runny. Now Instead of frying i have shallow fried it.
- Now take one scoop of batter and drop it in the oil. Fry it from both the sides. Make all the pakodas like this. When it gets brown then remove it from the oil on the kitchen roll so that excess of oil is removed. Pakodas are ready for the Kadhi.
- Now we have to make Kadhi so take a mixing bowl by adding rest of the besan in it. Now add Sour Curd, dhania powder, salt and haldi powder in it. Now blend it with blender by adding water or butter milk if ypu have. Mix it properly.
- There should not be any lumps in the batter. Now add fenu greek seeds in this batter amd mix it. For making Kadhi, now take a heavy bottom pan and pout all this batter in it.
- Lets make Pakodas first. So take a mixing bowl by adding half of the besan to it. Now add salt, Half tspn of red chilli powder and hing to it. Mix it and make a smooth batter by adding water to it. Batter should not be runny.
- Instead of deep frying, i have shallow fried the pakodas. So heat the oil on the tawa. Now take one scoop of batter and drop it in the oil. Like wise make all. Flip the pakodas when gets brown from the bottom.
- When gets brown from both the sides then remove it and transfer them to the kitchen roll so that excess of oil gets absorbed. Pakodas are ready for the Kadhi.
- Now we have to make Kadhi so take a mixing bowl by putting rest of the besan in it. Now add sour Curd, dhania powder and haldi powder to it. Blend it by blender by adding water or butter milk if you have There should not be any lumps in the batter..
- Now add methi dana or fenu greek seeds to this batter and pour all the batter in the heavy bottom pan Stirr it continously so that it does not get burnt from the bottom.. When it comes to first boil then leave the laddle and lower the flame.
- But keep stirring after every four to five mins upto 20 to 25 mins. After it off the flame. Now put all the pakodas in the Kadhi. For tempering take a small pan by adding ghee in it.
- When heated add hing, broken red chilli, jeera,curry leaves and red chilli powder to it. Pour this tempering on the Kadhi. Serve thismouthwatering Kadhi with boiled Rice.