Lajawab turai (sponge gourd) This recipe I have learnt from one of my friend during her live cooking show. Really it was very tasty and I want to share with you.
- 250 gm sponge gourd
- 2 medium size tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp ground nuts
- 1 tbsp dry coconut
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- Green chillies
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Dry roast coriander seeds, ground nuts, dry coconut, curry leaves. Then make a green paste with all these along with coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Make a paste with onion and tomato then keep aside.
- Remove the skin of turai then make in cubic pieces. Marinate with turmeric powder, chilli powder, gram flour and salt. Keep for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes tawa fry the marinated sponge gourd with little mustard oil.
- Take a pan add mustard oil, cumin seeds. After then add tomato onion paste stir for a few minutes
- Add green paste again stir, masala will leave the pan. Add the shallow fried sponge gourd. Mix all together and cover with lid.
- After 5 - 7 minutes open the lid and see how it is done. Serve with rice or chapati.
https://youtu.be/tTleaudG7rk Click this link to watch the recipe on my YouTube channel nanan swade geeta.