Japanese Style Sesame Beans And Carrot
Being a mom and an entrepreneur means I have to be innovative and quick in making what ever I make. While I was searching over the net for kids friendly recipes, I found this very interesting recipe where beans were stir fried in this style. And my mom instinct added one more veggie - ie carrot. Check out the easy recipe.
- Carrots -2
- Handful of Beans
- Soy sauce -1 tablespoon
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoon
- Sesame seeds 1 teaspoon
- Peel and cut carrots like french fries or finger fries.
- Remove the edge of the beans and blanch carrot and beans for 3-4 minutes.
- Keep it under the running cold water to stop further cooking of the veggies and let the water strain. Pat it dry with the kitchen towels.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds in a heavy skillet, till it turns light brown.
- Mix olive oil, soy sauce and marinate the veggies in it for 5 minutes. You can always increase the marination time.
- Once marinated add sesame seeds.
- In the heavy skillet stir fry the veggies. And this is the secret which I have recently found. Any thing which has to be stir fried shows the best results when done on a heavy bottom pan on the induction stove because of even heating.
- Add salt and enjoy your hot fries.
Use the heavy bottom pan and induction stove to make this recipe.