Iru Puli Kuzhambu
Â A different kuzhambu, Â native to Kanyakumari district that serves as the best companion for rice as well as dosai, Sevai (Idiiyappam), Uppma kozhukattai and Adai. Since both tamrind and curd are used it is called Iru Puli Kuzhambu...Â
- Grated coconut 3 tb spoons
- Fenugreek Â½ tea spoon
- Urad dal 2 tea spoons
- Red chillies 6
- Tamrind a small gooseberry size half of the regular use for sambhar
- Mild sour Curd 2 cups blended well with half cup water without any lumps
- Any vegetable like drumstick small onions, white pumpkin or Brinjal can be used.
- In a pan heat 2 teaspoons of oil and roast red chillies, black gram and fenugreek to golden brown colour.
- After they become cool add coconut grind them to fine paste with water.
- Then mix the paste with the curd well and keep it aside. Then boil the vegetable in the tamrind water with required salt. When the vegetable is cooked add the curd mix .
- After adding the curd the kuzhambu should not be boiled for more time. Switch off the stove in 2 minutes. Add curry leaves. SautÃÂ© it with mustard and red chillies in coconut oil. Add fresh curry leaves.