Instant Stuffed Idli
Easy and fast South Indian Rava Idli with some twist of potato stuffings. This Rava Idli is an Instant recipe.
- For Idli Batter:
- Roasted Semolina / Rava / Sooji â€“ 1 cup
- Yogurt / Curd / Dahi â€“ 1 cup
- Salt â€“ Â½ tsp
- Eno Fruit Salt â€“ Â½ tsp
- Water - as required
- For Stuffing:
- Boiled & Mashed Potatoes â€“ 3 small
- Chopped Green Chillies â€“ 1 tsp
- Grated Ginger â€“ 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder / Haldi â€“ Â½ tsp
- Dry Mango Powder / Amchur â€“ Â½ tsp
- Mustard Seeds / Rai â€“ Â½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera â€“ Â½ tsp
- Asafetida / Hing â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Salt â€“ Â½ tsp
- Oil â€“ 4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves â€“ as required
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of roasted Semolina (Rava), to that add 1 cup of Curd, ½ tsp of Salt, mix well and allow it to soak for 30 Min.
- In a preheated pan, take 4 tsp of Oil to that add ½ tsp of Mustard Seeds, ½ tsp of Cumin Seeds, ¼ tsp of Hing, 1 tsp of grated Ginger and 1 tsp of finely chopped Green Chillies.
- Then add boiled and mashed Potatoes followed by ½ tsp of Turmeric Powder, ½ tsp of Amchur Powder, ½ tsp of Salt and mix well.
- Lastly add freshly chopped Coriander Leaves, take a small ball, flatten like patty and keep aside.
- After 30Min add Water to the batter as required to get the Idli batter consistency.
- Then add ½ tsp of Salt and Eno Fruit Salt to the batter and mix gently.
- Grease the Idli plates with Oil and switch on the steamer with enough amount of Water.
- Pour 1 tsp of Idli batter into each impression and then place the flatten Potato stuffing by softly pressing and then pour again 1 tsp of Idli batter to cover the filling.
- Stack up the Idli plates and Steam for 12 Min.
- Then once done allow it to rest for another 3 min to cool down once taken out of the steamer.
- Unmold the Idli plate and serve with Chutney.
- You can add vegetables of your choice to Potato stuffing’s (Carrots, Beans, and Green Peas etc.)
- Batter consistency should not be too thick nor too runny.
- Instead of Eno Fruit Salt, you can use Baking Soda also.
No comments yet
Idli in new style
My favourite 🙂