Indian Cranachan With Organic Chia Seeds
Loaded with the goodness of Anti-oxidants, Fiber, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Manganese, Magnesium, A high source of protein, it becomes one of the best food available on Planet Earth. I call it the Spa Food Item, an ingredient which you take in for the perfect detox. Recently, I got some organic chia seeds to try by Plattershare. Wanted to try something different. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. C for Chia Seeds and C for Cranachan. â€˜Cranach anâ€™ is a classic Scottish Dessert which you make with fruits that include various berries, some custard pudding whisked with cream and some roasted oatmeal soaked in some kind of alcohol. Got my inspiration from this classic dessert and made a fusion dish. You can call it a parfait as well.
- 1/4 th cup black rice
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 th cup honey + 1/4th cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp Chia seeds
- Black berries or Blue Berries
- Some Oatmeal
- Some Almond Slivers
- 1 to 2 tsp cornflakes
- Cook rice with a pinch of salt and 200 ml of water. Add more water if required. The cooking time may vary from 35 to 40 minutes. Heat coconut milk in a pan on very low flame. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, honey and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to it and mix it well till it thickens. Switch off the flame and let it cool down. Add chia seeds to it and mix well. Keep the mixture aside for atleast an hour to let it settle
- Roast some oats in pan. Add some brown sugar to it. Mix it well. Be careful not to burn it.Mix Almonds and Cornflakes with ½ tsp honey and keep aside for garnish
- Take your normal cranachan glass or wine glass or martini glass .Take a small amount of rice and make it the bottom layer. On top of it, pour couple of tea spoon of the coconut pudding.
- Add some berries and roasted oats.Repeat the process if you have space. Wine glass usually has a lot of room for layering. Top with sliver almonds and cornflakes.
- Enjoy your dessert
Its a healthy, vegan recipe.