a Twisted recipe using traditional ingredients. A fusion recipe presenting in a very different way with BOSKET's Twist.
- Idli / Dosa Batter: 500 Grams
- Boiled Potato: 4 Nos.
- Chopped Onion: 2 Nos.
- Daalia roasted gram: 1 Tbspn
- Green Chillies: 2 Nos.
- Curry Leaves: 7-8 Nos.
- Mustered seeds: 1 tspn
- Hing: 1 tspn
- Oil: 1 Tbspn.
- To prepare stuffing, first heat oil into a pan, add mustered seeds and let them crackle for a while. Add pinch of Hing, Daalia, green chillies, curry leaves to it and saute for a while.
- Add chopped onion and pinch of salt. Let it be translucent and pink. Add boiled and mashed potatoes to it and mix it well. Add Salt to taste and mix it well. Stuffing is ready. Transfer it in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Steam thick and spongy Idli in a Tatte Idli tray from White IDLI Batter. Let it cool for a while. Un-mold it and cut it in a square shape with pizza cutter or smooth edged knife. Cut the Idli from the middle and separate two layers of it.
- To assemble the sandwich, on one layer of idli spread some tomato chutney and on other layer of it, spread the stuffing evenly. Cover the stuffed layer on another layer.
- Put the prepared sandwich in a electric griller / toaster, and cook it for 5 minutes. Make sure even impression is there on both the sides of the sandwich. Cut it in triangle and serve it hot with red tomato chutney. Enjoy !!!
We used Redymade DOSA/IDLI Batter to prepare idlis from “FARMZ2FAMILIEZ”
No comments yet
Thank you Kirti for appreciation and compliment..
Thank you Kirti for appreciation and compliment… ????
This is amazing recipe but after looking at the picture, I could not make out that it was idli, I thought it is bread. nice Recipe.