How To Make Caramel From Condensed Milk
Intense, sweet, gooey and chewy caramel sauce is a must have in your refrigerator if you are one of those who always want to scoop out the vanilla ice-cream and add a flavor to it. You can use caramel sauce to make mouthwatering recipes like chocolate cake with caramel glaze or caramel nuts or how about the caramel apple or simply top your fruit salad with caramel sauce. Making it is pretty simple as all it needs is patience
- Sweetened condensed milk - 1 Can 310 ml
- Water for Boiling - 5 - 6 Cups
- Fill the deep saucepan with water. Water should be enough to submerge the can (5-6 cups of water).
- To test the same, place the can in the water and make sure that it is approx 2 inches (5 cm) above the can as water will reduce after boiling.
- Let it boil. Once its start boiling, Gently place the "Unopened" condensed milk can into the hot boiling water.
- Once the water boil on high temperature then turn the stove to low flame and let it simmer, uncovered for 2.5 hours (two and a half hours)
- After every 30 minutes turn the can and add water to maintain 2 inches above the can. Make sure that the can is always submerged.
- After two and half hours, carefully take out the can from the hot water and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Do not open the can when it's hot as the caramel will spill out. Open the can and enjoy the delicious caramel.Use it for making desserts, drizzle over some ice cream or eat it like that.
About the Author: This Recipe has been shared by Prabhleen Kaur, who loves to cook in her kitchen and make good food and makes food look good. A Punjabi by heart, who loves spicy food and her aim is to be a Pastry Chef. We, thank Prabhleen for sharing this recipe with us.
HomeChef Prabhleen Kaur Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with
Thnk uh @Anju Bhagnari and Kirti maam 🙂
Prableen, this is absolutely divine….!!!
This is quick and easy recipe.