A delicious sauce using season fresh mangoes and some basic pantry staple ingredients. Use it a salad dressing or to grill prawns or chicken in, equally perfect used as a dipping sauce with some pan fried crumbed starters.
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 Alphonso mango, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Lime juice from 2 lemons (adjust as per taste)
- A dash of orange juice or water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 2 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped green chili
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red chili
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
Post Fusion Recipes from 27th Mar to 02nd Apr 2017 and win a Recipe book worth INR 995/- authored by Celebrity Chef Shazia Khan and an Amazon gift voucher worth INR 250/-
'Recipe theme of the week'
How to cook?
- Start by blending together chopped mango, lime juice, orange juice or water, honey, cumin, garlic and salt. Puree till smooth. Transfer to a medium size jar with lid.
- Add olive oil to the mixture in the jar and either whisk vigorously till the oil emulsifies or screw the lid on and shake the jar till mixed well.
Add finely chopped chili, cilantro, mint and black pepper.
Taste and adjust as needed.
- Mostly a squeeze of lemon juice or salt might be needed.
Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Shake well before using.