These homemade sweets are great natural cough, cold and flu remedy. It helps sooth your throat and easy way to relief cough, cold, flu at home. these sweets are delicious as well.
Ingredients & Quantity
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice- 1 tsp
- Honey- 1 tsp
- Ginger Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cloves Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Powdered Sugar - 2 tsp
Post Fusion Recipes from 27th Mar to 02nd Apr 2017 and win a Recipe book worth INR 995/- authored by Celebrity Chef Shazia Khan and an Amazon gift voucher worth INR 250/-
'Recipe theme of the week'
How to cook?
- In a pan, add water, sugar and boil till sugar dissolves. Also add ginger, cloves powder and honey. Simmer for 5-20 min on medium flame till it becomes thick dark syrup.
- Let it cool for few min and add lemon juice in the end. Mix well.
- Spread a butter paper on tray and put small portions of syrup with help of spoon. It should be done quickly else syrup will get very very thick.
- Cool down these sweets for 15-20 min. Remove the sweets from butter paper and spread powdered sugar to avoid stickiness of the sweets.
- Store the prepared cough sweets in an air tight container and have it whenever suffering from cough, cold and flu.