Bourbon Biscuits, made with wheat flour, is a delicious treat to the eyes as well to the tongue. Very simple to make and healthy too. Crunchy from outside with a soft, creamy centre is sure to win hearts.
1. These will be very soft on taking out of oven. Let them cool on a wire rack, then will get crisp. Always keep them on wire rack to prevent getting soggy from underneath.
2. Apply filling once they are cool.
3. If using salted butter, then don’t add salt.
4. While rolling, avoid using dry flour. Place it between plastic sheets and you will be able to roll it without any difficulty.
5. Can use butter paper in place of parchment paper.
6. Use any oil, refined/olive/canola or any other. I used groundnut oil. Avoid mustard and coconut oil, owing to their strong flavours.
7. Please use standard measuring cups and spoons used for baking. Tbsp means tablespoon and tsp mean teaspoon.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Rated 4.4 based on 5 votes
Be the first to rate this post.